A downloadable game for Android
Pictura is a photography game where you use you phone as a window into different worlds. Take pictures to trigger events, find creatures, and progress through different settings.
Public Trello board to follow progress and comment on ideas:https://trello.com/b/vKtF7Ehc/snapgame
If you want to have a chat, ping me on Discord: https://discord.gg/8bJP7wE
This game requires a Nexus 6P, Samsung Galaxy S6, iPhone SE, iPhone 5, iPad Mini 2 or better to play smoothly
Pictura is an exploration game where your phone acts as a window to a
virtual world, supporting both touch and accelerometer controls
Using a virtual camera as a main gameplay mechanic, Pictura has you taking pictures which you can then sell to upgrade
your camera, adopt new pets and travel to new locations. Each world is littered with
hidden events, triggers, puzzles, simple story elements and easter
eggs for you to find.
Pictura has a general calm vibe combined with a few adventurous moments. The visual style is driven by photography elements, meaning it is rich in post-effects. Different lenses, filters and camera can help personalize the look and feel of each pic.
Each world has its unique setting, challenges and moments of awe. Following a semi-episodic format, a new world will present its own set of challenges, puzzles, surprises, visual style and minimalist story line.
Latest Build (12/06/2018):
- Added the ability to adopt pets that follow you around, adding value to your pictures
- Removed the "On-Rails" gameplay, allowing you to move freely within the level
- Fixed Tutorial to reflect new walking system
- Several bug fixes and improvements, see Trello
Latest Build (07/03/2018):
- Added new "Hybrid" control scheme, replacing the two separate "Gyro"-based & Touch-based schemes
- Added Events to Level 2
- Added Level 3
- Added lots of animals and animations everywhere
- Added new upgrades - New Level Select screen
- Various bug fixes
- New Level 1, added events, triggers, etc
- Many Improvements on tutorial sequence
- Added Player Levels
- Added polish and transitions
- Better Photo value evaluation algorithm
Click download now to get access to the following files:
- Why I dropped VR SupportAug 15, 2017